In preparing our students to be leaders of the future, we feel it is imperative to educate them about wise use of resources, from energy and water consumption to sustaining healthy relationships with themselves and others. Credo integrates five tenets of sustainability throughout our curriculum and in our school values.
- agricultural sustainability through science and yearly Farming and Food Literacy classes, including biodynamic farming;
- environmental sustainability through Environmental Science classes, our school Eco Council, partnerships with Sonoma Mountain Village and One Planet Communities, and designation as Sonoma County's only public school to have earned certification as a Green Business by the County Supervisors;
- economic sustainability through Financial Literacy classes and partnerships with Sonoma County GoLocal and social finance organizations;
- social sustainability through weekly classes that deliver a social-emotional learning curriculum, and through service learning locally and beyond; and
- personal sustainability through a weekly Personal Sustainability class that includes personal reflection and addresses the developmental needs of growing teens.